Fadel Soliman (فاضل سليمان) was born in 1966 in Egypt. Fadel Soliman is a member of the International Union of Muslim Scholars and received his Master’s degree in Shariah in 2008. Besides being an electronics engineer, Fadel Soliman is an international speaker, orator, film maker and presenter of Islam. He started the Bridges Foundation in 2005, with the aim of connecting people from different backgrounds, especially bridging the gap between Muslims and non-Muslims after 9/11.
Films by Fadel Soliman
Fadel Soliman has made 3 documentary films about Islam. The series of films are called “The Fog is Lifting”:
- Part 1 is entitled “Islam in Brief” which is translated to 31 languages, and explains the main beliefs, pillars and concepts of Islam in 77 minutes.
- Part 2 is entitled “Jihad on Terrorism”, which is translated to 17 languages and explores the root causes of Terrorism as well as it explores whether the word Jihad is a synonym of Terrorism or are they different, the documentary was filmed in 7 countries, launched in 2009 in Hong Kong university and its duration is about 99 minutes.
- Part 3 is entitled “Islam in women”, which is translated to 12 languages and explores the secret behind the phenomenon that the majority of converts to Islam are women despite the negative propaganda that it oppresses women and discriminates against them, the documentary was filmed in 11 cities in 9 countries, it was launched in London in 2014 and its duration is 85 minutes.
Bridges Foundation works on 3 different lines, with Muslims, with non Muslims and with ex- Muslims. with Muslims, Bridges trained over 19000 young Muslims in 25 countries on:
- “How to present Islam” in a 3 day workshop
- “How to refute misconceptions about Islam” in a 3 day workshop
over 7000 Muslims in Cairo, Beirut, Tripoli (Lebanon), London, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester and Bradford, have taken:
- “The purification of the heart” in an 8 week workshop
- “The purification of the soul” in a 6 week workshop
with Non Muslims, Bridges gives presentations on Islam like:
- Is Islam a religion of peace or a religion of war
- When can freedom of speech be limitless in Islam
- Qur’an the discovery of freedom
Bridges also debates against Islamophobes and distributed over 300,000 Free DVDs of its films to non Muslims.